35 – Know Your Audience
The visualizations we create are not only for the client but also for the end audience that will see the work we do.
Civil FX Updates
- Visualization challenge update… 6 more days to go!
- Just finished a product recommendation page www.civilfx.com/resources
- Excited about the new year and grateful to hear from so many of you via email, twitter and text.
Know Your Audience
- There is a wide variety in potential clients that could benefit from 3D visualization
- Most often they have an engineering background but they may also be attorneys, contractors, architects, politicians, private developers or many other professions
- But the client is only a small part of the audience as there will usually be many more who will see the final version of your videos or images
- By knowing who the final renders will be viewed by and understanding their needs and background, you will be helping the client
- Be deliberate about knowing who the final audience will be before you really get into the project so you can cater it to them
- Ask the client who is the audience and what will be important to them
- Lytle Hill story
- Little Ash story
- Land Ferry story
Questions to ask
- Will the audience be large or small?
- Will the audience be public or private?
- Will the audience be professionals in a work environment or the public in general?
- Will the audience be technical or non-technical?
- Will the audience be familiar with the area?
- Does this project have positive or negative press?