46 – How to Market 3D Visualization
If you can’t market your product, you won’t be in business very long.
Player above not working? Either click here, or right-click and “Save Link” to download the episode.
Get 50% off my Udemy course “Running a 3D Modeling/Animating Business” by clicking here
Marketing 3D Visualization
- Rich dad, poor dad story
- If you don’t have paying projects you won’t be doing visualization for very long
- Sales is part of this job and if you love what you do it won’t feel like selling
Basics of Marketing
- Active vs passive marketing
- Finding clients using connections
- Finding clients using projects
- Finding clients using networking
- Finding work using a website, social media, SEO
In Person Presentations
- The best way to make connections and win work is to get into offices
- Formal vs informal
- What do you share, what don’t you share?
- What is the goal of these meetings?
- When you have a lead it doesn’t mean you have a project
- Marketing board
- An estimate or quote is usually the first part of the process
- Sometimes a more formal proposal is needed
- When the client says you have the job you need to request the data
- How to get paid- half up front, invoice throughout or pay when complete?